Paul DeCarlo and Brandon Satrom show how to build IoT applications using Particle devices and Azure IoT Hub and IoT Central for cloud intelligence.
The Internet of Things is about connection. Not just connecting dumb devices to the digital world, but also connecting us in new ways to one another. Many consider IoT to be a buzzword, and yet it’s being leveraged every day to open up new business opportunities and help get people connected in homes, cities, labs, schools and a million other places, around the world.
And while getting started with IoT apps isn’t difficult, the number of concepts and moving pieces can be daunting. An IoT solution often consists of hardware, sensors, actuators, firmware, cloud services, web, and mobile apps, to name a few. So it’s no wonder many of us often don’t know where to start.
In this workshop, Brandon Satrom from Particle and Burke Holland from Microsoft will lead you through the IoT stack and show you the right way to build apps that sense and control, from device to cloud and back again.
Building IoT Apps (2018) - Course Outline
- Introduction and Housekeeping
- Introducing the Particle Ecosystem (Brandon) [30 minutes]
- Hands On: Getting your Device connected (Brandon) [15 minutes]
- The Particle Device OS and Cloud Services (Brandon) [30 minutes]
- Hands On: Publishing Device Info to the Particle Cloud (Brandon) [15 minutes]
- An Introduction to the Azure IoT Hub (Burke) [30 minutes]
- Hands On: IoT Hub (Burke) [15 minutes]
- Data Visualization with Azure (Burke) [30 minutes]
- Hands On: Azure (Burke) [15 minutes]
- Controlling your devices from the Cloud (Burke and Brandon) [15 minutes]
- Hands On: Bringing it all together (Burke and Brandon) [15 minutes]
- Q&A and Wrap-up